Sunday, December 9, 2007

Rite of Acceptance


This fall I have been participating in RCIA- Right of Christian Initiation of Adults. It is the process to convert to Cathloicism. Today was the Right of Acceptance. I had no idea what to expect, which was very difficult for me. I don't like surprises and I especially do not like to be the center of attention. All I was told was to make sure I had a jacket because part of the cermony would be outside. The ceremony started with us outside while mass staryed. Then the entire church came outside and surrounded us. We had to lay on our hand on a cross and declare our intentions. Fr Larry spoke and involved the entire parish in the ceremony. Christopher started to pitch a fit because he could see me and wanted me to hold him. Fr. Larry had him come up and I ended up holding him the entire time. We then went inside the church and the ceremony continued. My sponsors ( my bil and sil Mike and Lisa) were up there with me. It was really stepping outside my comfort zone to be in front of the entre church for such an extended period of time, but it was a beautiful and touching ceremony. Peter tried to take pictures, but didn't really get any good shots. This is pretty much it:



This is outside the church

















Laying my hand on the cross.

Can't really see me though.








1 comment:

Suzanne said...

This is definitely one of those times when I wished we lived closer. I wish I could have been there. I remembered you were having the Rite of Acceptance and I said an extra prayer for you during Mass yesterday. I am glad you are documenting your RCIA process.