Saturday, January 19, 2008

I ran 8 and felt great!

I ran 8 miles this morning!! It was 6:45 this morning and still dark. The temperature gauge said 30 degrees! I bundled up and off I went. I really did feel great! I finished strong and felt like I could easily have kept going. My time was 1 hour and 15 minutes. Not fast, but respectable. I normally only run between 4 and 6 miles, so this was a good jump for me. Peter and I are hoping to run the New York half-marathon in August this year. It is by lottery only, so we may not have the opportunity. The other event I have been considering the last couple of weeks, and have mentally committed to, is a marathon. I have never done one before and would love to. I am turning 39 this year, so this is my last chance to run one while still in "my 30's"! I am signing up for the San Francisco womens marathon in October! There, I said it, now I have to do it!

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

I'm behind you all the way!

Anonymous said...

8 miles, that is awesome!!! I am training for a 1/2 in April. I would love to train for a full, but do not have the time or committment to dedicate. My biggest challenge is watching what I eat. I expect to be updated frequently on your training progress! You will do great!

Anonymous said...

I'm WAY behind you all the way! LOL! You are amazing!! I hope to see you in Oct!