Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Communion, cupcakes and swimming

Last Sunday our niece, Laurel, had her First Communion. She was beautiful!


After the Mass, we had a get together at our house for both Joey and Laurel. Of course I made some cupcakes for the big event. I got the idea from Bakerella.
I hunted high and low for the dessert tower that she used, but could not find one anywhere. I had waited until the last minute to start looking so was not able to order one on line.


Instead I borrowed the tiered plates and used those. Although cutting out all the crosses by hand was a bit time consuming, the cupcakes were easy and fun to make.

The honored boy and girl of the day loved them!

And no Contini party is complete without swimming!

Thanks to Uncle Roy for all the fun stunts in the pool!

Happy Communion Joey and Laurel!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I've been waiting for this! What a fantastic job you did on the cupcakes. Happy first communion to those two very cute kiddos.

Ash said...

Oh, so sweet.

Those cupcakes are fantastic!

That flip in the pool kind of scares me.