Monday, November 26, 2012

Assessing the damage...

As we were finishing up dishes tonight we heard a blood curdling scream from the other room.  No biggie.   We hear that all the time around here.  Then a second kid started with a scream that I didn't even recognize.  Uh oh.

Pete ran in the toy room to find Vinnie and Christopher screaming, blood coming out of Christopher's head and Vinnie's mouth.  Zach and Joey standing there very quietly.  (Although one look at the blood and Joey bolted from the room, hands over his eyes.  Not looking like a career in medicine is in his future!)

The damage?
 Surprisingly little compared to the usual.  No stitches or staples.  Christopher has a tooth shaped cut and big bruise on his forehead.

Vinnie's inner lip is a bit mangled from his braces, and his tooth looks loose, but is being held in place by all the metal in his mouth.  Looks like we are going to the orthodontist tomorrow.  Yay.

And I have no idea what actually happened, but does it really matter??

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

It's when the tone of the screams change that my hair stands on end. I'm glad it looked worse that it was. The takeaway nugget for me is your last line. I need "But Does It Really Matter?" tattooed on my arm.