Thursday, March 27, 2014

Happy birthday Joey!!


12 years ago it was a beautiful warm spring day.  Joey made his entrance smoother and easier than all my other boys (although admittedly they were all fairly easy).  I went into labor at 7 am, on my first day of maternity leave, and on Pete's day off.  Labor was fast and easy, and he was here by 3 pm.

That easy going entrance has defined Joey's nature ever since.  He likes everyone, and never has a bad thing to say about anyone (his brothers excluded of course.  He isn't a saint after all)  Because of this, Joey has lots of friends and is comfortable hanging out with anyone.  he is one of those kids that other kids want to be around.  A fabulous quality that will take him far in life.

Joey recently had his head shaved at school, as part of a fundraiser.  He was one of only 6 kids in the entire school willing to do it!



He loves playing baseball and has a quick glove, making him a great second baseman.


He lucked out and got on the Giants this year!


The traditional sprinkle waffles with ice cream birthday breakfast.  Eat up Joey!

Happy birthday to the sweetest boy I know--it is a joy and a honor to be your mother.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Happy birthday, Joey! I hope you have a banner year. You are the kind of friend I'd like my boys to be and to have.