Saturday, February 9, 2008

My 5 favorite things

I have been tagged by my friend Suzie to make a list of my 5 favorite things. I was tempted to take the easy way out and list my husband and 4 kids, but didn't. The following is a list, in no particular order, of my 5 favorite things.

1. My Dirt Devil Kurv:
I bought this in an attempt to cut down on all the food under the table and in the minivan. It really is helpful and has helped me keep things a bit neater. It is great for cleaning food out of Christopher's high chair as well. It is like having a dog around without the smell and hair!

2. my running shoes:
There is nothing special about these shoes, but it is more what they represent to me. I have gotten back into running recently and am loving it again. It is really one of the cheapest sports out there. I am reminded of this as I am currently packing for an upcoming ski trip, which is a ridiculously expensive sport in comparison!
3. Our neighborhood/street:
We love the community we live in. We have the greatest neighbors and tons of kids on the street, mostly boys. We even have a babysitter on the other end of the street, who is fabulous. Our neighborhood has a cabana club with lots of organized activities. Pete and I have commented that even if we won the lottery, we would not leave our neighborhood. Of course we never actually play the lottery, so that is a purely hypothetical situation.
4. Our house:
We bought this house almost 4 years ago. It is 38 yrs old, all original. It needs a ton of work. I picked out colors and painted almost every room in the house by myself. Last summer we landscaped the back yard and painted the house. Slowly, but surely we are turning it into our dream house. I am proud of all we have done, and am excited for what is coming!

5. My new Wacoal bras!!:

After 4 children, my breasts resemble the picture down below. No kidding. The words National Geographic come to mind. I recently splurged for some nice Wacoal bras after Christopher stopped nursing. They are incredible!! They put everything back where they belong! Woo hoo!So, that is my list. At least for now, those are my favorite things. Anyone reading this who also writes a blog, consider yourself tagged! I will be checking your blog for your list soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I only nursed three and mine resemble the old tennis ball in a tube sock look. Very attractive, wouldn't you agree?

Suzanne said...

I found your list (and my Wacoals) very uplifting. Thanks for posting about the Dirt Devil. I really want a portable vacuum for so many reasons.