Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!!

Today is my 39th birthday!! I have had a great day. Truth be told it wasn't very different from my typical day (run, go to work, etc...), but I love my life, hence it was a great day!! I have had a few people ask me how I feel about getting so close to 40. I honestly feel just fine. My 30's have (so far) been my greatest decade. I am looking forward to seeing what my 40's bring!

Note the candles on the cake-- 3-8-1, ie: 38 +1. As you can see we were out of candles.
I came home from work to find this banner that the kids had made. All 4 handprints were on it.
A close up of what Zach wrote: " Your the bomb!" and "Your not old you are hip!" I received this gorgeous Coach wallet from my hubby. It goes beautifully with the Coach purse I got from Santa. Pete said he called the company, told them which purse I had, and asked wallet would go with it! Then he emailed a picture to my mom to get her opinion. How cute is that!
I don't have a picture, but I also got an awesome present from my mom. It is a garmin running watch with heart rate band. We are going to purchase the optional foot pod. It tracks your miles, time, calories, then automatically uploads the info to your computer when you get close enough to it ( your computer that is). Thanks mom, I love it!!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

And to think we have been friends for half of that time! I'm glad you had such a great day. Kudos to Pete and Liz for their thoughtful choices in gifts.

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday, a day late!!! I love the gifts you got...especially the banner. Your the bomb, lol.
Sounds like your 39th was great!