100 things about me
1. I am happily married.
2.When I met my husband, I thought he was gay. Even after being told he was not, I introduced him to a gay man to get another opinion
3. I was first attracted to my husbands eyes. They are dark with long, thick eyelashes.
4. We have 4 beautiful sons.
5. Our boys all got his incredible eyes
6. I gave birth all 4 times without an epidural
7. My 3rd son was breech and had to be externally turned before he was born
8. I love sugary kids cereal. I frequently have a box hidden in the kitchen. Top of my list is Apple Jacks. Zach knows where my hiding place is
9. I love marsmallow peeps at Easter. I open them and let them get stale before I eat them
10. I have been a vegetarian since 1991.
11. My kids and husband are not vegetarian
12.I hate to wear lipstick. I like the way lipstick looks, but can not stand the feel on my lips
13. I always make the bed before leaving the house, even if I am running late
14. I can not dive into water. The water gets up my nose every time.
15. Although I was raised Baptist, I was never baptized. I am going through RCIA and was recently baptized, confirmed and received first communion in the Catholic church
16. I once passed out while getting my blood drawn.
17. In junior high I had to get stitches on my nose after being hit in the face by a snow ski
18. I was called “Stitch” for the rest of the school year
19. I never learned to type properly, even after taking typing in high school. I still use a 2 finger hunt-and-peck method
20. I ran a half-marathon almost 20 yrs ago.
21. I hope to run both a half marathon and full marathon this year
22. I am afraid I will poop my pants while running the above mentioned marathon
23. I do not like being the center of attention. At all. That aspect of my wedding was difficult for me.
24. I have a tattoo on my back. It is the Celtic symbol for spiritual quest. I thought I was being very deep when I chose it. Now I just tell people I don’t know what it means.
25. My belly button is pierced. I also have an earring on the top of my ear lobe and at the tragus.
26. I had my tonsils taken out when I was 5 yrs old. I remember getting to eat a lot of sherbet
27. I have been a nail and cuticle biter since I can remember. Even when I had fake nails I would gnaw on them
28. I despise broccoli. I can not even stand the smell
29. I love to read about celebrity gossip. I always know who is pregnant, who is dating who, etc… I read Us and People way more than any pediatric journal
30. I get pretty cranky when I am hungry or tired.
31. I have spent a total of 34 months pregnant.
32. 32 weeks of that was spent puking
33. I have spent a total of 4 years and 3 months breastfeeding
34. Thanks to the above, my chest is now a full cup size smaller then before kids. I plan on getting that fixed someday. (Yes, I mean a boob job)
35. My feet, unfortunately, are a full size larger
36. And my hair turned about 2 shades darker/drabber. I fix that with highlights.
37. I get VERY nervous talking to a group of people.
38. I am very shy in social situations.
39. But, I can be aggressive in other situations
40. I am not as patient with my kids as my husband is.
41. I am not a very patient person in general. It drives me nuts when someone is paying with a check at the grocery store. Who does that anymore?
42. I do not wake up happy. I can’t talk until I have my coffee. I have to have coffee every morning. Even before I work out. Even when I was pregnant.
43. My husband knows this and doesn’t even try to talk until I have started drinking my coffee.
44. I drink my coffee every morning with fat free vanilla flavored creamer
45. I do not drink anything with caffeine after noon
46. Despite #42, I consider myself a morning person. I get up at 4:30 am on mornings I work out, 5:30 on other mornings. Sleeping in is 6:30am.
47. I was NOT a morning person before kids. I wasn’t a night person either though. I guess I was a mid day person.
48. I put myself through college waiting tables.
49. I hope to be able to put all 4 of our kids through college so they do not have to work. 50. After owning a digital camera for 6 years, I finally learned how to get the pictures out of the camera and onto the computer. My husband is thrilled.
51. I cry when I hear or read about awful things happening to children.
52. I cried a lot during my pediatric residency.
53. My husband thinks I cry a lot at everything. He is probably right.
54. I love to watch football. I especially like to watch with my husband.
55. I painted almost every room in our current house. It took about a year to complete. I chose fun, bold colors.
56. I was an electrical engineering major for 2 years. I then changed my major to biology
57. I rode a bike from SF to LA twice. I was 6 weeks pregnant the second time. It was a charity ride for AIDS and was a life changing experience
58. I am never happy with how my body looks. Currently I would like to lose 5 lbs.
59. I have been afraid of flying since I had kids. It has gotten worse since 9/11. I was such a basket case on our last trip that my husband says I need to start taking xanax before I fly. I think he is right.
60. I hate running late for anything. I get anxious if I am not at an appt at least 5 minutes early. To me, fashionably late is arriving at the scheduled time.
61. I do not like being told what to do. My natural reaction is to do the opposite. This is very juvenile and I am working on it.
62. I went to 5 different elementary schools. One of the schools was in American Samoa. It was a one room school house and I was the only 4th grader
63. I skipped 5th grade.
64. I went to 1 middle school.
65. I went to 3 different high schools.
66. I want my kids to stay in the same school system throughout their school career
67. I graduated with a degree in Biology from University of California, Irvine.
68. I got my medical degree from University of California, San Francisco.
69. I loved living in San Francisco!!
70. I am a general pediatrician.
71. I love my job, but feel very torn, and at times wish I was a stay at home mom.
72. I have been to the following countries—Samoa, Canada, England, France, Belgium, Germany, Italy, Greece, Mexico, Costa Rica
73. I love to travel!
74. I drinks lots of caffeine free diet coke and diet root beer
75. I will not drink diet pepsi
76. I am not good about drinking water.
77. I like the taste of amoxicillin. I will lick the medicine dropper after giving it to the kids. I will even drink what is leftover!
78. I love the color pink. I buy a lot of pink clothes (why not? I am the only one in my family who can wear it).
79. Pete has asked me not to buy any more pink clothing.
80. I do not like to dance in front of people. The last time I did was probably at our wedding.
81. I can not carry a tune while singing
82. I think I have a bad temper.
83. I cuss when I am angry (but not in front of the kids!)
84. I think I have a good sense of humor (but doesn’t everyone think that about themselves?). But I really do.
85. I consider myself a fairly liberal democrat (see # 69) Go Hillary!!
86. I love Mexican food. I could eat it every day and not get tired of it.
87. I went sky diving 3 times in college and loved it!
88. I would never do it again. I am terrified of dying and leaving my kids without a mom.
89. When I was 18, my dream car was a candy apple red Ferrari. I vowed to have one. I currently drive a 2002 Toyota Sienna mini-van. Now my dream car is a gold/brown 2008 Town & Country mini-van with seats that swivel and a drop down DVD player. A girl can dream!
90. I have really thick hair. As an adult I have grown to appreciate it. As a teen I was annoyed by how long it took to dry!
91. I have been plucking/waxing my eyebrows since I can remember. If I didn’t I would have a uni-brow.
92. Christopher has inherited this uni-brow. Poor kid.
93. I think people think I am more “together” then I really feel. I frequently feel overwhelmed with the ever present list of things to do at home, work and with the kids. I always feel like I should be doing more then I do.
94. I swore I would never work at McDonalds.
95. My first job when I was 16 was at McDonalds. I had a bad sunburn on my face on my first day. I had to work the entire shift at the fish fryer . I wanted to quit. I ended up working there for about 2 years!
96. My favorite vegetarian recipe is my black bean soup
97. I am covered in freckles. I hate it.
98. I love my boys.
99. I love my husband.
100. I love my life!!