Wednesday, February 11, 2009

And then I forgot to wear underwear...

To say I have had better days is an understatement. First I have been fighting a cold that took a turn for the worse yesterday. As I was going to bed last night I noticed I also had a tooth ache. I was a bit concerned because we have a flight in a couple of days, but took some motrin and went to bed. I was up a couple of hours later with the worst tooth ache I have ever had. Breathing through my mouth was painful, but I was also so congested I couldn't breathe through my nose. And I had an awful sore throat. And kept coughing. Which made everything hurt more.

Called my dentists office first thing and they had me come right in. It was decided I needed a root canal. Today. Ugh...

The endodontist they referred me to could not see me until the end of the day. I was out of my head with pain, there was no way I could wait that long!

Luckily there was another office that was able to take me right away. I was called at home and told to come right in. I was out the door in about 2 minutes. Halfway there I realized I didn't have any underwear on (don't ask, long story).



Doesn't this look like fun? The worst part was, I couldn't breathe through my nose and they covered my mouth with this rubber dam!! I felt like I was suffocating the entire time.

Now I sit here, numb, drooling on myself, waiting for my 2 pm patient to arrive.

4 comments:

Laura said...

glad you didn't post a panty less picture!

feel better...

Andrea said...

Oh you poor thing:( I hate going to the dentist and especially root canals. . . only had 1 and it was awful. I hope you feel better soon.

Hopefully your skirt is long so none of those little patients of your look up it!

Unknown said...

(Laughs as her mouth hangs open.) Is it wrong to want to hear the story? Yes. It's wrong.

Forget I asked.

p.s. I'm a veteran of root canals and I hate them. Ugh, I feel your pain.

Ash said...

Panties are so overrated.

I'm reading this post after your second root canal post. I'm so sorry - for your pain and for my deliquency. Em