Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Progress...

"If you build it, they will come..."


This was what my chart rack looked like after my second week at the office. Pretty sad, huh?! The charts were so lonely and pathetic looking that my staff had to beef it up with some blank charts so it didn't look so bad. (I took the blanks out for the photo)

Those first several weeks were pretty slow. I even had one day without a single patient! I tried to be patient (hah!), I know it takes awhile to build a practice. Things slowly picked up. I began having babies born.

Then all of a sudden with March came a flood of patients!


Wow! Look at the chart rack now! It is filling up! With real charts! And my office girl Katie who has been dying to get on my blog! Hi Katie!! Now quit reading and get back to work!

The sudden increase is due to my awesome new business partner, my husband Pete! Pete left his practice and moved down the hall to mine this month, bringing a flood of patients with him. I am having a blast working with my husband. Technically he works for me as I am the president of the corporation and he isn't even officially a shareholder yet. I am milking that for all it is worth! At the end of the first day, after all the patients were gone, we just sat and looked at each other, then started laughing. We didn't want to go home! It was so nice to be able to talk to each other without the constant interruptions to pour someone juice or wipe someones butt.

My own practice is getting busy too, and it is nice for Pete to have me see his overflow when he is busy (not to mention take over his histrionic teenage girl population!)

Welcome Pete!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so fun watching your practice build from the ground up! Congratulations and what an awesome partner, I mean employee you have there!

Congratulations again!

Suzanne said...

I am so thrilled for you both. This has been a long time in the making. Here's hoping it's a really bad RSV, flu and cold season followed by a bad season of strep and herpangina and tons of summer camp and school physicals. :-)