Sunday, May 10, 2009

On motherhood

This morning I walked by the boys' bathroom and saw the sweetest thing. Joey was holding Christopher on the toilet so he could pee. Christopher had been running around naked since his shower, and apparently went up to Joey pointing down at himself and said "pee pee". (Now that in of itself is quite a story since he is not potty trained yet). Without missing a beat Joey brought him to the bathroom, put him up on the toilet, and was holding him while he went.

These are the moments that make being a mom worth it. Watching your children grow into compassionate, loving people. Big brothers who love and care about their little brothers enough to stop their games to help them out. Times like this actually make me feel like I am doing something right with these guys.



Thanks boys for being the most incredible kids a mom could ever ask for!!

And a happy Mother's day to everyone out there!

5 comments:

Ash said...

Ahh, sweet boys. I do love them.

Do you rent out Joey? Youngest isn't getting the hang of it yet.

Hope your day was wonderful! E

Aunt Becky said...

This brought a tear to my eye. Happy Mother's day to you.

xoxo

Suzanne said...

So sweet! I need to look for those moments in my day.

themomof3 said...

That really is a great Mom moment! I hope to see more of those brother bonding moments from my boys.

Laura said...

I could use help peeing myself...I never want to stop what I am doing to go...

happy mothers day!