Saturday, December 18, 2010

Happy Birthday Zachary!






I can't believe it, but my oldest turns 12 years old today!

The following are Zachary's top 12 highlights of the last year.

1. He officially passed Pete and I up in skiing ability. He had a great time making us go on black diamond runs, then waiting at the bottom for us while we fumbled our way down.

2. He was chosen to play Majors in Little League.

3. After struggling with his bat, smacked one to the outfield in a game changing moment!

4. Graduated from elementary school. He was so ready to be out of there!



5. He got his first cell phone. And Pete and I now understand the beauty of the "unlimited texting plan"!




6. He had a great time at summer camp, and was able to meet up with friends from previous years.




7. He played on the Jr Pee Wee football team and worked his way up to the starting line by the end of the season

8. Started middle school and absolutely loves it! We couldn't have asked for a more seamless transition.

on his way to the dance


9. He attended his first middle school dance. I don't think there was any actual dancing with girls, but he had fun none the less.

10. We went to Disneyland and he went on every major roller coaster and loved it! (this was one of my highlights too since I now have someone to go on roller coasters with!)

11. He started playing rugby just last week. He was a bit nervous before his first practice, but loved it! One of the coaches even pointed out his "perfect tackling form" to the rest of the team.

12. He finished his first round of finals and did awesome! He may have even pulled off straight A's.

Happy Birthday Zachary! Being your Mom is certainly one of the top highlights for me!

5 comments:

Cynthia said...

Yay! Happy Birthday Zach! I remember being 12 and 6th grade sooo well and now I'm only a year from graduating college. So weird. And yes, get unlimited texting...I've been known to text over 5000 texts in a month!

Anonymous said...

Smart boy you have there! Maybe he can tutor Chase and Natalie when they get to middle school!

I always hear how hard middle school is....4 hours of homework per night!

StaceyO said...

Happy birthday Zach!!! Certainly a stellar year.

Suzanne said...

Happy birthday, Zach. You have had quite the successful year. I'm especially happy to see how well you are doing in middle school. It's an exciting time of your life. xo

Joanne Mac said...

I'm so glad that you had such a wonderful year. More great things will be coming to such a wonderful kid and his great family. I'm so proud of you and all that you have accomplished.