Friday, November 25, 2011

Thankful

 As always, I have so much to be thankful for this year---family, friends, good health, and a good job.  What else is there?


Our office (Almaden Pediatrics) even sponsored the run!













I am also thankful that I am able to run.  Last December I suffered a stress fracture in my hip while marathon training, leaving me unable to run for over 4 months.  I have been back in full stride for several months now and am training again for a marathon.  I know I may get injured again at any time,  so am trying to just focus on one run at a time.  Whatever happens, happens.

Yesterday Pete and I ran our neighborhood 10K turkey trot.  It is a fun, casual event filled with our friends and neighbors.  I even PR'ed at a 49:04!  Woo hoo!  I can't remember Pete's time, but he kicked my butt and may have even come in at the top 3.  Still waiting for the official results to post.

    
Nephew Gregory manning up for his flu shot!              



 I am thankful that our job allows us to help people.  Our hostess gift this year?  We brought flu shots for the nieces, nephews, and other family members!  The gift of good health is a winner every time. (actually I just didn't have time to get a real hostess gift.  Don't tell Fran.)


Tina, Lisa, Fran, me, Luci, and Maria

 I am thankful for all the family that we are surrounded by.  I miss having my cousins, aunts and uncles near me, but am grateful for Pete's family who has always accepted me.  I am pictured above with my 5 sisters-in-law.





I am thankful that we do live close to his family, and that Pete is a great son to his mother.  As a mom to 4 boys, it means a lot to me that my boys have such a great role model.  I am crossing my fingers that at least one (and hopefully all!) of them will stay close by and surround us with grandkids!




I know that Zach is thankful that he gets to sit at the "Big kid" table!




And the grown-ups were all thankful that the "little kid" table was in the other room!






The Contini's ~ Thanksgiving 2011

I hope everyone else has as much to be grateful for as I!!  Happy Thanksgiving!




2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Love seeing your logo on the race banner. It's even bigger than my favorite grocery store. :-) So glad you were surrounded by so many of your blessings.

Katie said...

I love that you have such big family gatherings! It must be so much fun!

And congrats on a great PR! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you stay healthy during training!