Tuesday, June 5, 2012

An end of a Contini era!

Last Friday was a big day for us Contini's--we attended the preschool graduation of our youngest!!

That is right Graystone Elementary, Christopher is coming this August so beware!!


I had several people come up to me and tell me how sad I must be, or how sad they were to see their youngest be done.  I have been reading posts on Facebook from other friends saying how sad they are to see their youngest finish preschool/kindergarten/fill in the blank.


But you know what?  I am not sad.  I am excited.  Excited to move on to the next phase off my life.  Excited to not be forking out over $500 a month for preschool like we have been for the last 11 (!) years.  Excited to see how happy Christopher is to be starting "big boy school".   Excited to expand our horizons as a family now that our kids are getting older.  Then I started to feel guilty.

  










Why wasn't I sad?  Was there something wrong with me??


Then I talked to another mom there.  She has 5 kids--her youngest is a little younger than Christopher.  I asked her if her daughter still had another year.  She groaned and said yes, one more year.  I laughed.  Clearly she won't be sad next year when she is done!

Then I decided there isn't anything wrong with either of us--we both just have so many kids that we are just DONE with the preschool scene!  And that is OK.

Congratulations Christopher!!  Graystone won't know what hit it!



1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Awesome milestone! What are you going to do with your new found $500? :-)