Sunday, December 18, 2016

Welcome to Adulthood Zach!

I am still struggling to wrap my head around this, but Zach is 18 years old today!


 This last year has been a challenging one for Zachary-- it has been almost a year to the day since his diagnosis of ulcerative colitis.


While it has been a rough one, he has never complained.  He faced his challenges with strength and determination that I honestly don't know if I could have done.


 Through it all this year, he continued to excel in school, and kept up with his other activities.

 As we await to hear from colleges, I have been acutely aware over the last couple of months about all the lasts we are facing- last time getting a Xmas tree all 6 together, last time decorating it together, etc...


I just can't get over how fast these past 18 years have flown!

We had family over for dinner.  We went around the table and all the adults gave Zach their advice about being an adult.  Great stuff-- everything from saving money, staying true to your self, and funding your retirement plan, to choosing your friends wisely.

And just like that, I am now the parent of an adult.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Sniff, sniff and hip hip hooray! What a fine adult he is!