Thursday, July 3, 2008

What rocks your world?

Last week Pete was listening to the radio and the DJ's asked people to call in with the most embarrasing or funny song on their ipod. Pete called in and admitted that he had Hannah Montana, 'The Best of Both Worlds" on his list. I can confirm this as I have listened to his ipod before and it came on. I am sure it is normal for a 43 year old man to listen to Hannah Montana, right?


It got me thinking about my ipod playlist. When I am running, a good song can really pump me up and give me the extra push to keep going. I think I have a relatively eclectic playlist, so thought I would post it. Here is what is on my ipod right now:


"Message in a Bottle" -- John Mayer

"Melissa" -- Allman Bros

"The Sweet Escape" -- Gwen Stefani

"Pictures of You" -- The Last Goodnight

"Move Along" -- All American Rejects

"Who Knew" -- Pink

"Chasing Cars" -- Snow Patrol

" Shut your Eyes" -- Snow Patrol

"How Far We've Come" -- Matchbox 20 (Ooh, Rob Thomas...yummy!)

"Waiting on the World to change" -- John Mayer

"First Time" -- Lifehouse

"Hanging by a Moment" -- Lifehouse

"Whatever it Takes" -- Lifehouse

"American Idiot" -- Green Day

"Holiday" -- Green Day

"Blvd of Broken Dreams" -- Green Day

"Wake Me When Sept Comes" -- Green Day

"Island in the Sun" -- Wheezer

"I'm Still Standing" -- Elton John (He is awesome!!)

"I Don't Wanna Go On With You Like That" -- Elton John

"Funeral for a Friend/ Love, Lies, Bleeding" -- Elton John

"Capt Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy" -- Elton John

"The Real Slim Shady" -- Eminem (NOT the cleaned up version)

"Lose Yourself" -- Eminem

"How to Save a Life" -- The Fray

"Viva La Vida" -- Coldplay (even though Gwenyth annoys me)

"Enter Sandman" -- Metallica (throwback from my rocker days)


I usually play it on shuffle mode to mix it up a bit. Pretty wild of me!

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Yay! I can't wait to check some of these out. I ran with Shaggy today. That shook up my run a bit.

PS. Hannah Montana? Peter never ceases to surprise me.

Steph said...

Sounds like we have similar taste in music. And I must admit that I have a Miley Cyrus song on my iPod! :0

Anonymous said...

LOVE Melissa, I might have to buy that one. I, too, have The Sweet Escape on my mp3 player.

I find This Is How a Heart Breaks by Rob Thomas pumps up my workout. Nice driving beat, just like Walk Away by Kelly Clarkston.

I also have some Hannah Montana (cringes) I like Rockstar. (hums, I can fix the flat on your car, I might even be a rockstar...)