Today Michelle turns the big 4-0! Woo Hoo!! Things have been so busy around here that I didn’t have time to get her a card. So here it is my love. I can’t believe you are 40 and I can’t believe I have known you since you were 29 (just a kid). Here are just a few reasons why I love her so much.
1. She has single minded determination. She worked full time through college to pay her way and still had the grades for medical school. She decided she wanted to become Catholic. She did it. She decided to run a marathon. She did it. She decided to open a practice. She did it. Her complete lack of consideration of the possibility that she may not succeed, never ceases to amaze me.
2. She is a great mom. With four boys and a full-time job she does not have much free time. Nevertheless, she makes time to volunteer in their classes: library helper, art vista, rainy day mom. She always takes the boys to the latest kid movie and makes special time for each kid like taking Vinnie to see Thomas the Tank Engine or taking Zach to NYC.
3. She is creative. Cupcakes that look like sharks, birthday cakes that looks like pirates and footballs, homemade Christmas cards with a different theme every year. Who knew I married Martha Stewart?
4. She is tough as nails. Four babies, no drugs. Enough said. But let me say more anyway. She once went to work while she was so sick she had to go to the bathroom between patients to throw up. Nevertheless she stuck it out all day. She ran a marathon with a ruptured plantar fascia. Just recently she survived two root canals in less than 48 hours and still worked and packed for a ski trip.
5. She is a great doctor. Her patients love her because she is a normal person (you don’t find too many of those in the medical profession) and treats them with respect. She is my number one consultant. I trust her opinion more than anyone’s.
6. She likes sports and she knows sports! Everybody knows Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and Tiger Woods. My wife knows Manny Ramirez, Tiki and Ronde Barber and Tim Lincecum. I love sitting on the couch after a long day at the office and watching PTI with her. What is PTI? Ask Michelle, she’ll tell you.
7. She is funny. Just take a look at this picture. I still crack up when I think of her stuffing herself in to that car.
8. And clever. More clever than I knew. I love reading her blog and seeing our life through her eyes. Somehow it always seems funnier and more memorable when she writes about it.
So here's to you Michelle on your special day. And here is looking forward to being with you for another 40 years!--Pete