I had yet another dental appointment today, this time to put in the final 2 crowns from my root canals. One of them was a temp since the first root canal in February, so I was definitely on borrowed time with that one. Needless to say, I was happy to be finally done!
My dentist prepped everything, then went to put them in (without the cement) to see how they fit. I suddenly felt something hit the back of my throat. I immediately shot up and started coughing. Nothing came up, so I thought I must have imagined the feeling. I then swallowed, feeling something go down. I screamed, "I just swallowed something!" He looked in my mouth, and sure enough I swallowed a crown. For a second the dentist, assistant and I just stared at each other.
"Uh, I could go try and throw it up" I offered.
"Really?" the assistant replied. "You think you can?"
The dentist sat there, still looking stunned while I went into the bathroom.
After a few minutes in the bathroom (I will leave those lovely details out, except to say the crown made a nice clinking noise when it came out) I came out with the crown in my hands. Dr. Smaha went and disinfected it, then cemented it in my mouth, good as new!
He felt really bad. Apparently I am the first one that has swallowed something like that in all his years practicing. Leave it to me. All I know was that I did not want to have to have a new crown made and come back again!
His office sent me the nice bouquet of cookie flowers shown above.
Do you know where crown has been?
Favorite 17 Discontinued Hammary Coffee Tables
7 hours ago