Friday, November 26, 2010

Thankful...

I have so many things to be thankful for this year.


I have a wonderful husband who tolerates me with a minimal amount of griping. He thought I was teasing when I said I bought a reindeer kit for the van. He was mortified pulling out of the garage, but did it anyway!

I am thankful to have beautiful and healthy boys. Vincent recently sang in the church choir at Mass and did great! He can carry a tune like nobody's business, so we are hoping he will join the choir permanently.

I got to attend Christopher's preschool Thanksgiving program. It was adorable and he was so excited about it.

There he is, the short one. Yes, those kids are all 4 year olds. We are accepting donations for his growth hormone fund.



I am thankful for my health and that I can run. Pete and I did a 10k Turkey Trot in our neighborhood. It was a beautiful morning, crisp and cold (in the 30's!) and we ran surrounded by friends, neighbors and patients. How lucky are we? I almost broke 50 minutes, with a personal best of 50 min 40 seconds, thanks to the great running group I have been running with the last 6 months!




I am thankful for all our extended family. Although I miss living near my family, we are lucky to live near my Pete's family. Above I am pictured with his 5 sisters (and 1 goofy brother-in-law!)


My kids are surrounded by cousins, much like I was growing up. We rented a jumpy (a tradition). We then locked them all up in it and didn't let them out until dinner. Just kidding. But a great idea for next year!


The little kids table was outside (making for a nice peaceful dinner for the rest of us!)

Zach was thrilled to be included on the teenager/young adult table.

Finally, the grown up table! Lisa brought her headdress this year, but left the politically incorrect dark face make-up from last year at home. Dinner was wonderful, the company and conversation even better.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! May you all be as blessed as I am!


3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Thanksgiving is just a great opportunity to reflect on the many blessings in our lives. You are on my list.

Katie said...

Sounds like an amazing Thanksgiving! And you rocked that 10k! I can't wait to hear about your next marathon!

cardiogirl said...

Wow, that's a whole lotta family you have there -- I love that last photo of everyone!

I also love seeing Pete drive the reindeer van. Funny I thought it no big deal that you bought the kit and put it on the van.

Until you mentioned that Pete had to drive that van. Then it became a huge deal.

p.s. Did you kick your neighbor's asses in the Turkey Trot -- did you beat all the chicks?