Sunday, March 6, 2011

Ski Week 2011

It is hard to believe it is already over, but we had our annual ski trip to Deer Valley, Utah a couple of weeks ago. We stayed in the beautiful winter home of my Aunt Dede and Uncle Harry.


Also in attendance at my aunt and uncle's house were the "British cousins" Izzie and Ellie. It has been 3 years since we have seen them there, and the kids loved it. Everyone got along fabulously, as if we had just been together. I think Joey and Zachary were a bit smitten with them and their adorable British accents. They are still talking about them and Zachary has a picture of the girls on his cell phone!

My niece/cousin Kelly was also there. She was as precocious as ever and the boys loved seeing her, as always. Pete and I can't remember a vacation in recent years where we didn't have Kelly along!

Everyone couldn't wait to hit the slopes, with tons of fresh powder to enjoy.

Zachary (shown above getting snow for the hot tub. Brrr!) went to ski school the first day only so Pete and I could also take a lesson. He is a great skier, and loves going down black diamond runs, along with the more difficult bowls.
He skied with us the rest of the week, being forced to stick with the tamer runs. It is good for us though since he pushes us to go down stuff we probably wouldn't do on our own. He got separated from us on the last day, so took the opportunity to do one of the tougher runs, Ontario Bowl. Yikes!

Joey did great as well. He had ski school for the first 3 days, then skied with us the remaining 2 days. He is a solid intermediate skier who will be kicking our butts soon enough!



Vincent was in the advanced-beginner class in ski school. When I picked him up the first day, his instructor said "Boy, can he talk. Non stop, the entire way down the hill!" Yep, tell me something I don't already know! Vincent was in ski school for 4 days, and for the first time skied with us the last day. We had such a blast all together (minus Christopher). I am looking forward to the day when we are all 6 skiing together!




My boys and I having an awesome time skiing together!

That leaves us with sweet Christopher. This was his first year skiing, and he was pumped up about it!

He had so much fun , and ate his weight in snow the first day we were there.

Here he is in his first day of ski school, once again eating snow as he was going up the magic carpet. Yuck.

He was amazing though, and was even skiing in parallel by the last day! We could here him yelling "This is awesome" as he was going down the hill. I am thinking it won't be long before he can join the rest of us.


My Aunt Dede kept pretending to mix Christopher up with Pete, saying they looked so alike in their matching ski attire. Christopher then declared "That's silly Auntie Dede. I have more hair than my Daddy, that's how you can tell us apart!" Sorry Pete. That propecia may not be working as well as you think!My Aunt Dede and I with all the kids in the house. It is truly amazing what my Aunt and Uncle put up with! My 4 boys are noisy and rambunctious enough, but throw 3 girls in the mix and it was darn right crazy in that house!

Thanks again Auntie for another amazing trip!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I've been waiting all week for this update. I can absolutely see you and Peter eventually having a winter house somewhere where it snows A LOT!

cardiogirl said...

Hang on, Aunt Dede looks like she's in her early 40s. Is her middle name Dorian Gray?

I was wondering if I'd see Cousin Kelly again. That girl is really growing on me.

Man I would LOVE to have cousins with a British accent. I think I'm going to start using a British accent with my own kids just for the heck of it.