Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween 2011

 Halloween is coming to a close!

The fun started on Friday with the school Halloween parade.  I ran over to watch the boys walk by.


Joey was Waldo and Vinnie was Luigi.  Vinnie cracked me up when he told me wearing the mustache  "smelled like skiing in Deer Valley".   I am guessing because he usually has a fleece gator pulled up to his nose?  Funny kid.

Friday night was the school Pumpkin Bust (basically a carnival).  for the first time ever we did NOT win a cake at the cake walk!  Just as well.  The boys did do the hair scare booth, which meant they all had to shower when we got home--what a mess!


The big excitement (at least for Joey) was that he won a bag of guppies at the carnival.  I told him if they survived the weekend we would buy them a bowl.  Sure enough the little suckers lived.  Off to the pet store we went--turns out a fish bowl ain't good enough for these guys.  Nope.  They have to have a tank with a water filtration system, heater, rocks, plants and something to hide and swim in.  At least that is what the pet store lady said.  Or maybe I just have "sucker" written across my forehead.  Either way, the free fish cost us $70 in supplies.  Now they really better not die!



Sunday night was the annual Halloween party at the  Saratoga Country Club.  There is good food and a pretty cool magician that the kids watch while us grown ups get to sit back and chat.


The cousins at the Halloween party.  I love the look on Zach's face!
 Are Mario and Luigi not the cutest damn things you have ever seen??  Adorable!  I skipped the big puffy mustache and just drew one on with eyeliner.  Much better!















The weather has been in the 80's here all week, which means we can't carve pumpkins until the last day or else they rot.  I was scrambling yesterday and today to get them all done.  Christopher loves Angry Birds so I had to do that one for him!


The younger 3 went out trick or treating with the neighbors.




Zach went out with a bunch of his friends.  In fact, they are still out there!  When they dropped by he already had a ridiculous amount of candy.

Zach and his friends Hunter and Eric entered the school costume contest for best group costume.  They lost to a bunch of crayons.  Boo.  I think their idea was better.



Vinnie hitting his loot after.  Funny thing is, he probably won't even eat 80% of it!  He is as picky with candy as he is with food.  He will only eat regular M&M's, Skittles, Starbursts and plain Hershey bars.  Thankfully I love peanut M&M's because he got a boat load of those!

Hope everyone had a fun and safe Halloween!









1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Wow! You had a great assortment of pictures and the fact that you have them posted leaves me in awe. I love the costumes this year.