Thursday, December 26, 2013

A Contini Christmas ~ 2013

We have had a lovely Christmas in the Contini household!

We started Christmas Eve with the older boys alter serving at Christmas Eve Mass.  After Mass we went to my sister in law Tina's house for her fabulous Christmas Eve party.
The one and only family picture I managed to get.

 The kids have an area in the garage stocked with video games and kid food-- I don't think we saw them all night!

 Pete with a family friend, his mom, and 4 of his sisters.  The party was hosted by Tina, the one dressed as a Christmas tree.  As always we had a total blast, and I managed not to get totally drunk off my ass like last year.  Phew!


 We hurried home to get the kids in bed before the arrival of the big guy.  Looks like we made it because he came!

 The big gift for the kids this year was a ping pong table.  Just one more attempt to keep the kids out of the house as much as possible!

Good grief, look at my wrinkles.  Maybe I should have gotten a certificate to have those babies lasered off instead.
 I thought my main gift was a beautiful pink Kate Spade bag.  Boy was I wrong!  I have an appointment next week with a personal shopper at Nordstrom to spend a ridiculous amount of money on clothes!  Score!!

 Of course Vinny has spent more time playing with the cardboard boxes then anything else.  Santa will keep that in mind next year.


Christmas evening we were joined by my sister in law Lisa's family for dinner.  I was a nervous wreck because I bought a prime rib roast to make for dinner.   I do not have very much experience cooking meat, and was terrified I was going to screw up this pricey piece of meat.  I forgot to take a picture of eat, but it was absolutely fabulous, and very easy to make.  The recipe is here.  I swear it was like butter, and even I enjoyed it.

We finished the evening with the adults playing a round of Cards Against Humanity.  Have you seen this game?  It is similar to Apples to Apples, but for adults only.  It is hysterical!  I can't wait to play again.

From our family to yours, wishing you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

So much fun! I can't wait to hear about your shopping adventures and the amazing ping pong tournaments in your neighborhood. Merry, merry!